What’s the best thing about Beaver Scouts? Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys. As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go on camps and sleepovers, often for the first time. Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative – making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and manmade world
- Caring – responding to the needs of others, the local and international community
Beaver Scouts are the youngest section of the Scouting family. Their activities are based around making things, outdoor activities, singing, playing games, going out on visits, investigating nature, listening to stories, learning how to be safe and most importantly, making new friends.
They are aged 6 – 8 years old and meet in a group called a Colony with between 12 – 24 of like minded young playmates.